Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Keeping The Secret and First OB Appointment

I have decided to set this blog to private until we are ready to announce our big news. By making it private I can update the bog without having to create a million drafts to publish later.  When will we announce the big news?  We're not totally sure yet.  I have been struggling with how my friends who have had recent miscarriages will take the news.  While I know they will be excited for me, I also imagine my pregnancy announcement will bring lots of emotions.  I figure the longer I give them to process their emotions, the less painful it will be for them.  I always wondered why people found it so hard to tell me they were expecting when we were trying for all of those years.  While my situation was light years away from what they have been through, now I can understand.  I've also decided to not update Facebook with my pregnancy details regularly once we tell.  Instead, I will update on this blog, and maybe Twitter.

Now for an update on this pregnancy.

This morning I had my first OB appointment.  I saw the nurse practitioner for this first visit but will be seeing my doctor in the future.  All went well.  She noted my due date as February 6, 2013 but it will actually be February 4, 2013 since my cycles have been 26 days and not 28.  I guess two days don't really matter much in the grand scheme of things.  If we go by her calculations I am 4 weeks, 6 days and got a positive pregnancy test at 3 weeks, 5 days.  I think I'll keep with my dates.

My next visit will be the 11th of July.  I will have an ultrasound and see my doctor that day.  They wanted to see me in a month but that fell on the 4th of July so it was either do it a week before or a week after.  I chose a week after so that the ultrasound will provide more details.  :-)  I can't wait to see this precious little one!


No comments:

Post a Comment