Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Medication While Trying

Finally went to the doctor with the UTI yesterday.  It obviously was not going to go away with OTC meds, water and cranberry juice.  As suspected, the doctor said it looked really bad.  Since we are actively trying to conceive he couldn't give me the medicine he would normally give me.  For women who might be pregnant or are pregnant they usually prescribe Sulfa, which I am allergic to.  So...I am on amoxicillin, which should clear it up if it isn't one of the more resistant strains.  They are running a culture to see which strand it is and will have to revisit the treatment if it is a more resistant strand.  Figures the first month we are officially trying I will have a UTI, which can't be treated with the usual medication in case we are.

No comments:

Post a Comment